TR6 Speedo cable

To: "INTERNET:dncullig@us.ibm.com" <dncullig@us.ibm.com>
Subject: TR6 Speedo cable
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 18:17:58 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by INTERNET:dncullig@us.ibm.com
>   I'm about to install a J-type OD transmission in my 1976 TR6.  One of
the first
things I noticed was that the hook up for the speedo is on the passenger
side of
the OD transmission and on the driver's side on the old, non-OD box.  It
looks to
me like the speedo cable is going to be short.  Can the original cable be
used?
Does it have to be re-routed?  Yes, I do have an EGR counter and hence, the
two piece speedo cable.  All insights are appreciated, and thanks.

Dennis Culligan / 1976 TR6 CF57948U - TR6IUMPH / Highland,NY /
DNCULLIG@US.IBM.COM
<

Don,

On all the TR6's you use the same cable as you would on a non-OD
transmission but you need a $50 right angle drive adapter that fits on the
transmission.  The stock cable is long enough if you route it over the top
of the trans housing.  Check the parts catalogs for the right angle drive
unit.

Dave Massey
71 TR6 with J-type OD (I know, I know. But I have a 73 frame so it does
fit)