Re: TR6 Speedo cable

To: "INTERNET:erl@unix.mail.virginia.edu" <erl@unix.mail.virginia.edu>
Subject: Re: TR6 Speedo cable
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 18:34:52 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "INTERNET:dncullig@us.ibm.com" <dncullig@us.ibm.com> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by INTERNET:erl@unix.mail.virginia.edu

The OD requires a different, and as you have already observed!, a longer
cable.

Cheers.

<

Not so on the TR6.  It is true that the TR3/4 does take a longer cableand
is routed via a longer path.  There is even a special notch in the
transmission cover and a special rubber boot just for it.  But in the TR6
the addition of the right angle drive is all that is required.  In fact
there is no alternate cable listed in the catalogs for the TR6.

Besides, I used a right angle drive with the stock cable on the TR6 on it
works just fine.  When I put the OD in my TR3 I bought a long cable and it
works fine.
The TR8 has a 5 speed and is another kittle of fish.

Dave Massey
St. Louis MO USA
57 TR3 A-type OD
71 TR6 J-type OD