No LBC - Mercury Tracer or Mazda 323

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: No LBC - Mercury Tracer or Mazda 323
From: levilevi@home.com
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 19:16:01 -0600
Since it's a slow Triumph day would you like to try a Mercury Tracer or
Mazda 323 question (same car basically).  My daughter has ground the
clutch down in her car (the Tracer 1991) and now it revs to high RPMs
with the clutch out and the car moving (but not moving proportionally
faster).  My diagnosis is the clutch either needs adjusting (if
possible) or replacing.  Can anyone confirm this?  And can anyone tell
me how to adjust it if that's possible.  I haven't crawled under there
yet (it's snowing in Denver today and is arouund 38 degrees).  I only
work on Triumphs in that weather.  Guess I'll go buy that Mazda 323 book
if I can't figure it out by just looking at it tomorrow when it's
supposed to be 65.  For now it's back to the timing cover gasket,
electric fan, sway bar, etc....

Thanks in advance
Bud Rolofson