TR-3 Seats

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR-3 Seats
From: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@lightspeed.net>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 23:08:02 -0700
Hey Listers,
     I just put my re-upholstered seats back in my 1960 TR-3A. I put them in
the way the old ones came out (the seats came out of a second TR). Now the
drivers seat feels like it is angled out. I checked "Original TR-2/3"
(Pigott) and he said that the folding seat goes on the passenger side. In a
"TR For Triumph" book (Harvey) it shows the folding seat on the drivers
side. Which is it?
     For those of you that remember my "Triumph Verses Wife" string from
last year, I have my wife driving my TR-3 now and she is enjoying the smiles
that it generates. She also likes all of the guys noticing her. Her biggest
(well, among the biggest anyway) gripe with me is my airplane, which is
quietly being sold. TR's appear to be okay with her.
     Bill Brewer
     Tehachapi, CA