Re: TR3 stalling

To: randallyoung@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: TR3 stalling
From: TexasTR4@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 12:31:08 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 04/30/2000 9:44:28 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
randallyoung@earthlink.net writes:

<< Tom :

 I've never suffered true vapor lock either (every potential instance has
 turned out to be something else), but my understanding is that it can be
 used to explain almost any odd behavior <g>

 Basically, the fuel starts boiling inside the fuel line, typically
 between the fuel pump and the tank.  Small bubbles of vapor will
 eventually be passed by the fuel pump, but can temporarily interrupt >>

You can always try the '40's trick for vapor lock.  Cut and orange in half
and squish it pulp side down on the fuel pump.  Cools the fuel and insulates
it somewhat.

RH...remembers older than he is........