TR2 splined hubs.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR2 splined hubs.
From: Angelo Graham <a3graham@admmail.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 08:31:09 -0400
Hello Listers:
A question regarding using TR2 splined hubs on later TR3 front disc hubs
and rear Girling brake drums.  Is this possible? The TR2 splines are
fastened to the hubs with peaned over "plugs". Can these plugs be drilled
out and the splines simply bolted to the Girling brake drums and front disc
hubs? From what I recollect, the TR2 splines do look a bit different from
any later 3A splines I have seen.  Just wondering if this switch is
possible, especially if updating a TR2 to front discs and wanting to keep
the wire wheels. Similarly, if wanting to update to the later (and better)
Girling braked rear axles.

Many thanks,
Angelo Graham