Re: Comment on Aluminum Paint as Head gasket Sealer

To: "Sherman D. Taffel" <staffel@home.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Comment on Aluminum Paint as Head gasket Sealer
From: Jeff Johnson <jguy@erinet.com>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 22:47:27 -0400
Sherman;
When I was younger, the trick method on a rebuild of a Triumph motorcycle
was to paint the head gasket with aluminum  paint and here it is 30 some
years later and it still seems to be the 'trick' thing to do. All your
Triumph cycle guys swear by it. Of course, if you still own a 1974 Triumph
Trident as my best buddy does, you would believe in Voodoo also. And
anything that stops head gasket or oil leaks just has to be right.

Whatever it takes,

Jeff Johnson
Rebuilder of several bikes