Help! Measurements needed

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Help! Measurements needed
From: a Wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Date: Sun, 07 May 2000 08:48:26 -0400
As you may recall I'm working with a local machinist having a batch of Tony
Gordon style hub pullers made up for those who can't get their hands on
Churchill tools. The design was based on TR6 dimensions and the first
samples don't quite fit my TR3a, in two places:
1. The holes for the studs aren't big enough, because the studs are the
thread-in type with a shoulder. The shoulder prevents the puller from
landing flush on the surface of the hub flange.
2. The end of the axle sticks out beyond the outer surface of the hub
flange more than a TR6, such that the "Screw" part of the puller is barely
started before it must apply pressure - not enough threads engaged.

I believe I have solutions to both but I would really appreciate help from
anyone who is able to give me these dimensions:

a) diameter of the shoulder of the studs
b) distance from surface of hub flange to outer end of axle

It would help me a lot if I had lots of responses, and from owners of TR2
through TR5/250, so that one redesign can make it a truly universal tool.

Thanks in advance,
Jim Wallace