tr6 stromberg/carb?...Again

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: tr6 stromberg/carb?...Again
From: Crazeecooter@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 09:02:56 EDT
Okay All...

I thought I had my problem (car not idling constant at stand still and dying at
traffic lights) solved by putting oil in the dashpots.  (remember the choke
cable was just replaced and carbs set)  Now the problem is that if I put the
choke all the way in at idle, the car dies.  I have to keep it out a tad just
to keep it going.  But this is not a constant problem mind you...two days ago I
had the choke all the way in and was whistling dixie everyplace I
went...traffic lights and all.  What gives????  The oil level in the dashpot is
still good...so I am at a loss.   The carbs were rebuilt before I did the frame
off...but were stored in a freezing cold storage building during the winter.
Could this be my problem??  Could the rubber diaphrams gotten brittle?  I have
a feeling though if those were out the car would be running ALOT worse...but
maybe I am wrong.

Jonathan.