TR4 ADDCO Anti-Sway Bar Instructions

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 ADDCO Anti-Sway Bar Instructions
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 10:30:34 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Listers,

I ordered a ADDCO anti-sway bar from TRF on the last special
offer.  However... it came with an instruction sheet for a
TR6-TR250.  I have been scratching my head trying to figure out
how it gets installed.

The kit is a an ADDCO #130... which is correct according to the
ADDCO website.  I assumed it was installed with the bar attached
on the front of the frame as is shown in the TR6-250 instruction
sheet..  I spent an hour trial fitting it but I can't make heads
or tails of the thing.

I just had a breakthrough moment.  On the ADDCO website I noticed
that the description says "TR4-3B Rear".   Is it possible that
this thing is installed on the trailing side of the front
suspension and the bar crosses over under the engine... attaching
to the bottom of the frame?  The bar is U-shaped with right
angles.  The catalog pictures show a bar with arms that go out at
30-40 degree angle.

If anybody has installed this kit please help me out with the
general plan. I can figure out the links that attach to the lower
arm.... but... There are 2 big beefy black flat plates that are
the same size as the bushing brackets that don't match up with
anything on the TR6 instruction sheet. If you still have a copy
of the TR4 instructions my FAX number is 978-448-8359

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site
http://www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn/Home.html