TR4A for sale in Utah

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4A for sale in Utah
From: Cliff Hansen <chansen@access1.net>
Date: Sun, 07 May 2000 12:09:36 -0400
Guys,

Its deja vu all over again.  My brother is getting married and is forced to
sell his TR4A, which incidently is exactly the same car I sold when I got
married.  I will buy it if he can't find someone else, but the car will sit
outside my garage for years, tempting me to rob parts, and that may be less
than it deserves.

SO if you are looking for a project, here's the details:

CTC73something, no overdrive, disk wheels.  Not currently driveable.

Body: rust in rockers and floors, both need replacement.  I looked
carefully at the fenders, there may be some rust on the doglegs but its not
terminal.  I couldn't find any significant rust elsewhere.  Front valence
dented, front bumper dented, but grill is fine.  Paint is red, faded.
Black soft top is on, was new in 85, window is cloudy.  Tonneau included.

Frame: in good shape.  No rust around the trailing arms, visual inspection
doesn't appear to show any problems at the differential mounts or front arm
attachments.

Engine: high mileage, almost certainly needs rebuilding.  Leaked oil from
rear main seal but I'm convinced that was blowby.  SUs, also need
rebuilding.  Engine hasn't been started for 10 years but turns over easily.
 Currently isn't running because the oil line to the pressure guage is broken.

Clutch, tranny and driveline: about 5000 miles on clutch installed in 1988.
 Don't remember any problems drivetrain, but its high mileage like the rest
of the car.

Brakes, suspension, etc: One rear wheel cylinder is gone, was removed for
rebuilding and subsequently lost.  Should all be rebuilt for safety reasons.

Interior: Black with white piping, good shape.  In fact, if I buy the car
I'll use the seats in my car.  All guages are there but speedo doesn't
work.  I think the washer pump is missing.  Turn signal switch is broken.

All this for $1200 but I'm not interested in selling it for parts or in
parting it myself.

If you'd like to see the car its in Orem, I'm sure my brother would be
happy to show you.  E-mail me or call 505-890-7173 (Albuquerque number.)

Cliff Hansen