First Ride in the "6"!

Subject: First Ride in the "6"!
From: "Tom Di Iulio" <diiulio@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 17:11:27 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
Dear listers,
    it is with great pride that i announce my first ride in the "6" in
almost 3 years!  the engine is running pretty good, the brakes are fine, and
the clutch is an adventure.   i took her around the block a couple of times
and then volunteered to run an errand and fill her up.  of course, i have no
license plates,  no registration,  no insurance, no brake lights, and no
turn signals, in other words, conditions were perfect!
    i even passed a cop who took a good look at me (i am fairly attractive!)
but he kept on going.  i'm sure he recognized there would be no catching me
if it turned into a chase!
    anyway, i had to share the news with people who'd appreciate the "long,
strange trip" it's been.  i wonder if we're out of milk..........
Tom Di Iulio
1976 TR6 (no more pushing it back into the garage!)
Denver, Co