TR3A Battery? Problem

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3A Battery? Problem
From: "Robert Van and Ann Cross" <vancross@visuallink.com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 20:38:52 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Listers,
Has this ever happened to you?  You drive your car regularly and the starter
motor turns over without any hesitation.  Then you turn it off and try to
start the car and the battery is absolutely dead?  I thought it might be a
loose connection on the ignition switch but it wasn't.  There were no
lights, horn, brake lights, or even generator light when I turned the key.
Granted, the battery is three years old and sits over the winter, but I've
been running the car almost daily for the past month.  I used jumper cables
and started the car and ran it for about one hour, but the battery was dead
as a doornail when as soon as I turned the car off.  It registered 2 volts
on the voltmeter.  Is there something else I'm missing on this?  Thanks for
your help.
Bob Van
TR3A with sudden battery death syndrome