Re: Leccy Quessie

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Leccy Quessie
From: "Dan John" <johndj1@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 01:48:27 PDT
Thanks to all the responses I had regarding id'ing a positive/negative earth
car....

In an effort to make myself look even more stupid can I beg a little more
advice, I'm considering fitting an electronic ignition (Aldon Ignitor) which
promises to fit inside the distributer cap with "no complicated wiring"(!).

Now, does anyone know whether these ignitions are any good and, bearing in
mind that I didn't know whether my GT6 Conv was a pos or neg earth, am I fit
to do it myself...  Can it really be that easy?  Are there timing issues etc
that need to be resolved?

Without wanting to tempt fate, I am really keen to do it myself...  but at
the same time do not want to screw it up.