Re: Interesting Site (particularly useful on road trips)

To: "Triumph Internet Mail List." <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Interesting Site (particularly useful on road trips)
From: Roger Elliott <relliott@cjnetworks.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 22:48:40 -0500

Laura Gharazeddine wrote:

> Me? When I'm at a light and it turns green-I wait a moment to make sure no
>one is running it before I go.

A few years a go I was going to lunch, stopped at a light that had just turned
red.  Then saw a fellow worker speed up and run through the red light (wife and
2 very young kids in the car).   When we both got back to work, I asked him if
he had been in a hurry at lunch - he had no idea of what I was talking about
until I pointed out that he sped up to go through a red light.

His explanation was that he always drove that way because people around here
(Kansas) never started moving until their light had been green for a couple of
seconds.  I pointed out that it was idiots like him that made us wait to make
sure no one was going to ram us.

A couple of months later he hit some one as he was running another red light.

Roger Elliott