RE: soft top installation tips?

To: "Triumph Newsletter" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: soft top installation tips?
From: "Paul g. Wiegman" <pwiegman@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 09:13:59 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Phil:

        I've tried two installations, one on a TR4 many years ago, and one on my
TR3 more recently.  Aside from the fact that I have been termed a "bent nail
mechanic" by a variety of people, I tried to be as careful as possible and
both installations were disasters.  My suggestion is to find a shop that
installs tops regularly and has the proper tools.  When you do take the top
and the car, carry a copy of one of the Triumph books so the installer has
an idea of what the top should look like.  We have a great shop here in W.
PA, near TRF that has done numerous TR's, including my TR3, and it is
perfect.  You might think about adjusting your schedule and having the work
done over a weekend.

Paul g. Wiegman
1956 TR3
Glenshaw, PA