Re: Clues

To: John Summers <trumpet@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Clues
From: levilevi@home.com
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 23:53:32 -0600
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
So you had a misfire, you drove it hard, the misfire went away and then
with the engine warmed up you pulled the choke and it almost died. If
the misfire went away I don't understand what problem you need solved.
Pulling the choke on a warmed up engine SHOULD make it almost die IMHO.
A choke is there to help start and run a cold engine not speed up a
warmed up engine.  You may have been getting a bit of flooding in one or
both carbs and by driving it hard blew some debris through the fuel
system.  If it idles and isn't misfiring be happy.

Bud