California Dreamin'

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: California Dreamin'
From: Joe Merone <jmerone@rocketmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 09:55:33 -0700 (PDT)
West Coasters:

After a spring of nearly continuous gray skies, the
rain has finally stopped in Vermont and Trevor has
made his long-awaited trip home from his winter
napping spot.  But do I celebrate with non-stop
driving, cleaning, tinkering, etc.  Why NO!

This Friday my wife and I are off on a long planned
trip to California instead.  We're driving and touring
our way south from San Jose to San Diego mostly along
famous Highway 1.  But picture it fellow listers...
there I'll be, during "Drive Your British Car Week" no
less, driving one of the world's most scenic roads -
not in a terrific Triumph but in whatever 4-door
blandmobile Mr. Alamo decides to rent us.

UGH!

There is hope though.  Aside from a planned stop at a
certain parts house in Goleta there's got to be more.
A British Car show maybe?

If you know of anything going on in the Monterey area
this weekend or San Diego over the Memorial Day
weekend please help me from the inevitable withdrawals
I'm about to go through and drop me an e-mail.  FAST!

Or you can tell me about that certain LBC that has to
get moved to southern California from the Bay area.  I
know of a driver!

Thanks.

Joe Merone
CF18928