Re: California Dreamin'

To: "Joe Merone" <jmerone@rocketmail.com>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: California Dreamin'
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 20:58:26 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
I believe that the classic car races are this weekend at Sears Point, a
little north of San Francisco, so not directly on your route, but they are
definitiely worth it.  Maybe someone else on the list knows for sure.

For a change of pace, The Annual All British Motorcar Show and Swap Meet is
on May 21, at the Dixon Fairgrounds in Dixon, CA - also a bit out of the way
but to the east, maybe an hour from San Jose.

I second the suggestion to upgrade to a convertable.  Just don't forget
sunscreen and/or a hat.  I just took a few days vacation in San Diego,
rented an Alamo which they upgraded to a Sebring Convertible for an extra
$13/day.  (For only 3 days it was worth the points I won withthe wife) We
took a trip east on Intersate 8 for about 60 miles and came back on Route
94, which is 2 lanes, or less. Real interesting countryside.  There is what
looks like an old foundry in Campo. Campo Iron Works, or something. This guy
has tons of rusted old remains of cars, trucks, and tractors amongs other
old machinery laying about.  Right next to the fence is a TR3, or part of
one.  Looks like some good panels on it.  Right next to it is a TR6.  I
stopped a stared for a while, but couldn't get close for a good look. We
stopped down the road for an ice cream and asked the propritor about the
place.  He said the guy opens up on weekends as some sort of railroad museum
(there is real railroad museum a little further west) and that he collects
old rust buckets.  If you go that way you won't miss it.

There's also lots of car stuff to do in San Diego, but there must be some
resident on the list to help out with that.

Have a good trip.

Bob