Oil pump specs

To: Scions of Lucas <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil pump specs
From: karen hakala & tim hutchisen <hakhutch@megalink.net>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 19:47:23 -0500
Scions-
    The overwhelming response to my question of replacing my TR6 oil
pump was DO IT.
Thanks to all listers that replied. I kind of knew the answer but was
unsure of whether the newer pump w/ round pick up was advantageous over
the older style.The newer pump has a slight increase in capacity and
does not have as much "cavitation" potential as the older (rectangular)
pick up. The oil pump rebuild kits that are offered by some vendors are,
apparently, not the best way to go from what I have heard thus far. I
will take the lists recommendation, suck it up and purchase a new oil
pump to protect my investment.
Thanks again to all who responded.
Hutch
CC57787L
Now a poster child for Shipwright's disease