Re: GT6 or GT6+ bonnet section needed (not the whole thing)

To: "Michael D. Nugent, Ph.D." <nugentmd@gte.net>
Subject: Re: GT6 or GT6+ bonnet section needed (not the whole thing)
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 07:00:52 -0700
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Mike,

Your message makes me sad that 3 years ago I sent a GT6+ bonnet to the crusher
because it was badly mangled.  However, the bulge was
intact.  I had considered cutting the bulge off and saving it, but time and
space dictated otherwise.  And that was in Woodinville, WA
too.

I can say, however, that there is a company called Jap-Co in North Carolina
(http://www.piner.com/japco/) that makes a fiberglass bulge
that can be pieced into a bonnet.  They offer that because they don't mold the
GT6 bonnets complete,  You can add the bulge to a Spit
bonnet and have what you need.

If you want steel,
I have a complete GT6 Mk3 bonnet that I will sell for $200.  I don't know for
sure, but I think the bubble is the same as the earlier
ones.

Regards,
Joe