Carburetor Clip/Oil Pressure

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Carburetor Clip/Oil Pressure
From: bstinocher@unipres.com
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 14:46:49 -0500

Two questions:

1. I am looking for one of the carb clips that attaches to the butterfly valve
throttle shaft and the accelerator linkage. One of mine has been broken. Is
there a replacement I can use from another car (like from a Western Auto/Pep
Boys, etc.)? Or do I have to find one somewhere. I don't recall seeing one in
the Moss magazine.

2. This may not relate to Triumphs, but maybe it does. In driving my Miata, I
notice that the oil pressure starts off around 90psi, and then dips down to
around 60-70 psi after about 5 mins. Is this normal for all cars? Do TRs do this
as well? Since all my previous cars had idiot lights instead of an actual gage,
I'm not sure if what I am seeing is normal or not. I didn't notice it until
yesterday, so I'm wondering.

Thanks.