TR6 Clutch Problem?

To: "Mail List, Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Clutch Problem?
From: "Gerry Geronimo" <geronimo@sonic.net>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 11:04:39 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Recently I have started hearing scraping noise when I depress the clutch
pedal (when the engine is running) in my 73 TR6. I have checked and bled my
clutch hydraulics and all appear to be functioning properly. I just took it
out for a test drive and it appears to be running properly.

When I got back and turned the engine off, I noticed a different sound on
the return after depressing the clutch. The pressure on the clutch pedal is
good - heavy like a truck!

I would appreciate any help from anybody out there to diagnose this problem.
I don't plan to drive the car until I fix this. Am I due for a clutch
replacement?

Thanks.
Gerry Geronimo
Digest Subscriber