Re: Heat and cold (tr3b brakes - broken bleed nipple)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Heat and cold (tr3b brakes - broken bleed nipple)
From: David.Griffiths@veths.no
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 10:45:36 +0200
>Richard,
>
>That is a problem with a steel bleed screw and aluminum body. You will have to
>get an "easy out" and some heat on that cylinder. Since there is a rubber seal
>in the cylinder, remove it. etc.

Dear List,

Just a quick thought. If you're worried about heat for fear of distorting
metal or melting rubber parts, you can try cooling. I've had a fair bit of
success removing broken cylinder head studs and diverse broken bolts by
spraying the bolt with sport spray. This is the stuff that sports trainers
spray on athletes' sprained joints and you can get it from drug stores,
chemists etc. as a pressure can. You can end up with a layer of ice on
parts, so it really makes them cold.

Dave