Re: 77 Spit dash lights

To: list messages <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 77 Spit dash lights
From: LT <llst@telus.net>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 23:10:25 -0700
Started to reassemble the dash behind the steering column after a 2-3
year interlude and realized that my memory ain't there anymore. The task
was to replace the signal light switch but I also ended up taking the
dash apart?? Perhaps my memory was already going.
I had tagged some of the stuff but the obvious ones were not tagged. My
problem is that I have a bayonet style light - RW wiring color which
should be a dash light but no place to put it. I also have a Hazard
light lens, bayonet style (below the Hazard Switch which also has a
light) but no light for the hole. The Haynes wiring diagram for com # FM
60001 to FM 95000 does not indicate this Hazard light but it does show a
hazard switch but with no light. I have never driven this car and
probably never will at the rate I'm going, so I am at a loss as to what
should be there. The wiring looks original. The wiring diagram also
references a Service Interval Instrument warning light (SII). Does
anybody know what this is? The wiring diagram also indicates an ignition
switch illumination light which I can not find.
This car does not have a oil pressure gauge and based on the dash metal
support structure it would appear that one could be added to the left of
the speedo.

Any feedback on these issues would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

Larry Ternowski