TR6 Starter problems

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Starter problems
From: Cliff Davies <ads.holzher@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 14:25:37 -0400
Help,
My 73 TR 6 starter failed. I was cranking it and suddenly, click, click.
I removed the starter and bench tested. When applying power to the main
"from" battery connection on the solenoid and grounding the body of the
starter, the starter gear spun. My local TR parts guy tells me it could
be the relay, What relay? I can't find a relay anywhere in the schematic
or listed in Bentleys, or TRF. Could it be the solenoid? Anyone have
insight. Has the Prince finally reared its ugly head?
Thanks in advance.
Cliff