Re: TR6 Starter problems

To: "Cliff Davies" <ads.holzher@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: TR6 Starter problems
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 21:52:29 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi Cliff
No relay other than the solenoid on any triumph starter circuit I have ever
seen, it could be the solenoid, or the brushes, these tend to wear out and
though the unit will rotate no load, the circuit is generally not good
enough to activate the solenoid. It is generally the brushes connected to
the solenoid that wear, not the ones that are welded to the field windings
so changing is fairly easy.

Graham.