GT6 gas tank

To: Jane Burdekin <jane.burdekin@admin.bvsd.k12.co.us>
Subject: GT6 gas tank
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 17:48:59 -0400
Cc: "'triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by Jane Burdekin
>Hi Guys,
It's been a while, but I have been lurking for a couple of weeks now.  The
time has come to replace the gas tank on the GT6.  There is a lot of
sediment and rust in the bottom.  It's fouling the carbs Stromberg CD150's,
and it acts like it is running out of gas all the time.  What is my best
bet
on getting a new or cleaning the old gas tank?  Thanks for the advise.

Jane
<

As long as it doesn't leak fix the old tank.  I took my tank from the TR8
which was exhibiting the same symptoms (but to a worse extent, I'll wager)
to my local radiator shop and for about $100 he boiled it out and sealed
the inside.  I can't comment on how it will work as I have only just put
gas in it for the first time last weekend.  But it doesn't leak and I have
every confidence that it will be fine.

Dave

P.S. Welcome back to the list.