RE: TR3a/b brakes

To: "Christopher Ball" <cball@oct.on.ca>, "'TRs Roadster list'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3a/b brakes
From: "Andy Dixon" <amdixon@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 20:59:46 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
OK listerati, let me know where I'm wrong here.
Measured the '6 and the '3 and it appears that....
the caliper bolt pattern is the same - 3.5" on center
caliper bolt to edge of the rotor (and brake pad) is about 1/8" less for the
'6,
rotor bolt pattern is the same,
rotor offset is the same,
depth of the rotor is 1/8" less for the '6,
haven't looked at the dust plate bolt pattern.

It would appear that TR6 calipers will fit a TR3 but you will have to use
TR6 rotors and probably the TR6 dust plate. Also believe that if you use
later TR6 calipers, you'll have to use the shouldered bolts from the later
cars.

If this is the case you can use the 4 pot calipers from the Toyota 4x4 but I
have no idea what would be needed for the threads on the required short
piece of adapter brake pipe - any help here?

Andy