Re: inlet manifold question

To: sujitroy@hotmail.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: inlet manifold question
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 15:28:30 EDT
In a message dated 00-05-24 13:03:33 EDT, sujitroy@hotmail.com writes:

<< Can I try using JB weld?  However, I don't think this would be
 a good idea since a great amount of vacuum is created. >>

I did not have long term success with patching a crack in my exhaust manifold
on my Spit using JB Weld....not the product's fault in my opinion....the
crack was growing from fatigue and couldn't be stopped!

If you have a hole (versus a crack), JB Weld might work...it is strong when
applied properly.....it shouldn't pose a problem in a vacuum situation...if
you're concerned that pieces of it may work loose and get sucked into the
cylinder chamber, I would think that they'd be small enough to be blasted
away....

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (restoration underway)
'70 Spit Mk3  FDU78512L (getting better with each drive)