inlet manifold question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: inlet manifold question
From: "sujit roy" <sujitroy@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 10:01:13 PDT
My inlet manifold on my Stag has, what I think is , a casting
defect.  There is this hole just below where the main
center stud, to hold the carbs , is screwed into.  I'm
assuming from the design that each carb is only meant
to feed gas/air to only 4 cylinders each, two on each
bank.  This hole means that all  8 cylinders are linked together.
Can the inlet manifold be repaired cheaply?  Or should
I try and get another one?  I'm in the US so these things aren't cheap.
Can I try using JB weld?  However, I don't think this would be
a good idea since a great amount of vacuum is created.
If anyone has a good 2nd hand inlet manifold that they
are interested in selling, please let me know.
Can anyone recommend a shop that may be able to fix it in the San Jose, bay
area.

Thanks Sjit