TR3 in the History Channel Great Race

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 in the History Channel Great Race
From: "Kurt" <koblinger@linkline.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 12:40:27 -0700
Hi folks,

I haven't seen this mentioned on the list yet so I'll throw it out for general
information. Some of you may be familiar with the History Channel Great Race.
If not, it's a long distance (usually coast to coast or border to border)
time-speed-distance rally for mostly pre-WW2 cars. This year the organizers
expanded the classes to include '50s era european sports cars and local TRSC
stalwarts Steve and Janet Hedke literally lept at the opportunity. They already
had a '57 TR3 that filled the bill except that it required a little work,
basically just, you know, remove, replace or rebuild everything. They ran a
practice race and did quite well and they are primed and ready to have a go at
this. Everyone should have a look at the route and if you are nearby you should
try and cheer them on. The route and schedule is shown on the Great Race web
site www.greatrace.com.

You can read more about Steve, Janet and "Scrappy" at
www.britishpacific.com/greatrace

Steve and Janet are going to try and post messages and photos during the race
and when I find out where I'll post that as well.

Cheers,
Kurt Oblinger
TRSC (Triumph Register of Southern California)