Leaking trans?

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>, spit list <spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com>
Subject: Leaking trans?
From: Douglas Hansen <spitfire4@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 16:11:00 -0400
I just installed a new clutch for my Mk1 spit and I have oil leaking
between
the bell housing and the block plate.  I just filled the trans with
oil and the engine and oil pan is empty and clean....
there is also a small drain hole on the bottom of the bell housing
but nothing dripping
from it... and its not clogged....
I could have filled the trans some to much over the plug.  would the
oil be
overflowing into the bell housing?  I have no idea what it is.  I
never had any probs
there before and right now I have a large spot on my driveway.  I
havent
driven it since I installed the clutch and I also have the rear
jacked up for
exhaust work but its not to high.....

I checked the book but I couldnt find anything about a oil seal in
the front, just
one in the back.

any ideas advice?
thanks
Douglas Hansen
64 spit.....  I HOPE  to autox this weekend!!!