Zymol wax

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Zymol wax
From: "Peter Innocenti" <pinno@bigfoot.com>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 22:32:46 -0600
Greetings All,
   Just used some Zymol original wax on my TR6. It's tougher to
use than the McGuires (sp) yellow that I've been using for so many
years. I just hope it lasts longer than the McGuires. There's one
thing on the Zymol instructions that just goes against all I've been
taught about using wax. It says that after you're done waxing you
should spray a light cool mist of water on the car and buff it in. This
is supposed to set the wax and give it a more consistant and
deeper shine. I was going to try it but the yearning for frosty
beverages was stronger. Has anyone done this, and does it make
a difference? The car looks great without doing the water treatment.
Hey, while I'm at it, is it critical to re-torque the head bolts after
about 15 hours of use on a rebuilt engine? I've got an engine that's
a real pain in the butt to get at the head bolts (an in-board boat
engine).

Thanks All,
Pete Innocenti
74 TR6