DCOE's on GT6's, was Dishwashing Carbs

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net, jc@gt6.co.uk
Subject: DCOE's on GT6's, was Dishwashing Carbs
From: "William Hooper" <rotoflex@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 06:44:04 GMT
>I have a set of 3 x Weber 40 DCOEs I need to clean up before I install
>them in my GT6!!!

Does your manifold require you to put a bubble in the hood?

When I assembled a triple 40 DCOE's setup for my GT6 (Only a few decades
ago), I only found one supplier with a manifold that did not require making
a bubble in the hood.

When it arrived, I discovered that 5 & 6 were side draft, 3 & 4 were
slightly updraft, 1 & 2 were more updraft.  I have had the Webers on & off
the car several times, & wonder if the mix of intake angles on the  manifold
for the Webers contributes to the irascibility of the carburetion.