Gaskets under TR3 windsheild stanchions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Gaskets under TR3 windsheild stanchions
From: Bob and Nancy <wises@mail.execpc.com>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 21:43:25 -0500
I asked a question a week ago about mounting a TR3A windscreen.  My
concern was that the stanchions would vibrate and cause the scuttle
paint to chip.  A lister (sorry, forgot who) suggested adding a
gasket.  I did just that (cut out of 1/32" material) and all went
well.  I had to loosen the screws that hold the stanchion to the
windscreen (3 per side) to install the gasket, but everything
tightened together real well.  You can see the gasket but it looks
the same (actually better) than the hood hinge gaskets.

FYI

Bob
Carpe cervasium