Re: Gaskets under TR3 windsheild stanchions

To: Bob and Nancy <wises@mail.execpc.com>
Subject: Re: Gaskets under TR3 windsheild stanchions
From: erl@unix.mail.virginia.edu
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 11:06:16 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Mmdf-warning: Parse error in original version of preceding line at mail.virginia.edu

The stanchions (side posts) of the windshield of the TR-2.s, -3's, and the
-3A's all did originally have gaskets between the lower boss of the posts
and the cowling.  These were for the precise purpose that you state.  I
replaced mine with standard asbestos gasket material.  They were
originially of a paper-like material.

Cheers.

On Mon, 29 May 2000, Bob and Nancy wrote:

> I asked a question a week ago about mounting a TR3A windscreen.  My
> concern was that the stanchions would vibrate and cause the scuttle
> paint to chip.  A lister (sorry, forgot who) suggested adding a
> gasket.  I did just that (cut out of 1/32" material) and all went
> well.  I had to loosen the screws that hold the stanchion to the
> windscreen (3 per side) to install the gasket, but everything
> tightened together real well.  You can see the gasket but it looks
> the same (actually better) than the hood hinge gaskets.
>
> FYI
>
> Bob
> Carpe cervasium

James A. Ruffner