TR3 Choke Cable

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 Choke Cable
From: RTriplett@bjservices.com
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 08:35:25 +0100February 2000) at 05/30/2000 08:32:48 AM
Because my TR3 now has a TR4 engine and Stromberg carbs, the original choke
cable wasn't long enough to reach to the front carb.  I ordered a new cable
from TRF, thinking it might be longer, but it still wouldn't reach.  So, I
lengthened my original cable with a short length of spare cable, coupled by
a turnbuckle body and crimp-style clamp.  It looks better than it sounds,
and works great!  If anyone is interested please contact me off list and
I'll take some photos and email to you.

So now I've got a brand new cable I paid $30 for that I'll sell for $15 pp.
Only catch is, there's no jam nut as I lost the original so had to use the
new one.  I think it's just a 1/2" extra fine thread, so should be no
problem.  Please contact me if you want it.

Richard
                                     ?
                                    ,,,
                                    (o o)