Re: { NASS } Re: [spitfire-enthusiast] Re: GT6 MkII Specs??

To: <nass@egroups.com>, <spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com>
Subject: Re: { NASS } Re: [spitfire-enthusiast] Re: GT6 MkII Specs??
From: wizardz@toad.net
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 22:33:11 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs-owner@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <NASS@egroups.com>
      From what I've been able to track... my PO was the third owner.
He had the block bored, lower end rebuilt, transmission synchos
and bearing etc ,  rear end rebuilt, all new brakes, cyls, lines
bearings, bushings etc over a three year period.
      His PO had done the interior. Between the two P.O.s
only 200 miles have been put on this car in the last 10 years
because of a cracked head, which my PO had replaced
with a NEW head.
Everything should be original as far as anyone knows.

    The build date in July 1970. In 3-5 months they would have
been churning out MKIII's and Spit IV's

What are the chances a few motors making it to the assembly lines early?
or production quantities of parts were short, and serial number runs
shuffled a bit. (all common problems even in today's manufacturing cycles)

Well whatever....  this little gem runs beautifully!  Once it was tuned up
and the rebuilt carbs properly balanced and the linkages setup right...

   Paul Tegler   wizardz@toad.net        http://www.teglerizer.com  (new
format)