Re: Correct color of paint

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Correct color of paint
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 16:29:21 -0700
I hold Randall's information in great stead (that means I find he's almost
always
right) but in this case...

I can't swear it's true, but I always thought that the oil filter canister was a
shade of sorta pea green.  Have also heard theorys that they were originally a
Peacock Blue that would fade with heat or age to a shade of green but that seems
doubtful.  Anyway, mine was green (still is but on the shelf) and I always
thought it to be original.

I also think the handle of the heater vlave was originally green, but more of an
apple green.  The body of the valve is AFAIK just plain brass.