Re: converting 2.0 to 2.5 liter engine

To: "Randall" <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: converting 2.0 to 2.5 liter engine
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 01:17:19 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi All
Late comer to this thread but I am going to burst this bubble, the 2500
saloon has been said to be 80 lbs heavier than the 2000 saloon, I seem to
recall that included the optional PAS but the 2500 engine is still heavier
than the 2000 and most of the extra weight is in the crank the rest is on
the flywheel, so be advised. Also the 2000 engine is far faster to respond
to the throttle (less rotating mass). At the weekend I was talking to Chris
Witor and he was saying that he has gone back to a modified 2000 engine in
preference to a modified 2500 for the fact that the car felt too ungainly,
he has a MKI 2000 saloon which he seems to use as a test bed for all the
bits he sells to the rest of us. He had a Weber EFI unit (I think) fitted to
the car, looked good!

Graham.
2500PI MKII
Sprinted Dolomite