RE: TR6 clutch question/problem

To: VK0216@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR6 clutch question/problem
From: "Biedermann, Frank (SSABSA)" <frank@ssabsa.sa.gov.au>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 11:17:09 +0930 charset="iso-8859-1"
Virgil,

It sounds to me like your throwout bearing is sticking in the
"clutch disengaged" position (or at least part way there),
which would prevent the fork from moving back to its resting
position, which means the slave cylinder doesn't return, etc,
etc... Then it suddenly lets go and the clutch engages, pedal
returns to "engaged" position, etc. Sounds like you need to
drop the gearbox...

The above is of course assuming the rebuilt/new slave and
master cylinders aren't sticking halfway... I'd check those
first :-)

Frank Biedermann
69 TR6 PI
Adelaide