Re: TR6 alternator problems

To: Bandre Frank Contractor AMC/XPRT <Frank.Bandre@scott.af.mil>
Subject: Re: TR6 alternator problems
From: Jim Davis <jh_davis@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 22:08:05 -0400
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Frank,
        A starter/alternator rebuild shop rebuilt my alternator for CF38690 and
I've never had a problem since. I explained it was for restoration and
the owner saw that the case was bead blasted and clear coated and the
plastic back buffed out to "as new" condition. If there is a shop in
your area they may do the same, allowing you to keep the original look
and eliminate wiring/connection problems.
Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO
CF37325U