EFI on TR6??

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: EFI on TR6??
From: "Shawn Mann" <shaw.mon@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 22:43:29 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Listfolk,

OK, here goes.  Recent list discussions re: hotter cams and their poor idle
characteristics and inherent limitations to horsepower for carbed
street-going cars has me wondering about the availability/practicality of an
EFI setup for the TR6.  Specifically, it seems that EFI could resolve the
low-vacuum issue of a carbed, hot-cam engine.  If the ROW TR6 can get 150hp
with Lucas PI and a stock muffled exhaust, why should I have to accept a
carbed, lumpy-idled, open-exhaust compromise?

At this point I'm just looking for input, pro and con, and info from anyone
who may have a similar setup.  Essentially I'm looking to attain around or
just over the 150hp mark, but without losing the refinement (!) of a stock
TR6.  Bratting around with the Monzas on is fun, but I'd rather a more
subdued volume and to keep the torque band out of the stratosphere.

Any ideas, thoughts?

TIA,
Shawn Mann
70 TR6