Re: Teak or Walnut?

To: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>, "Kim and Kelly Alford" <alfords@seanet.com>
Subject: Re: Teak or Walnut?
From: " Philip Smith" <smith007@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2000 15:13:50 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
The Walnut dashes used by the major parts companies, is an American Walnut,
is a darkish Brown in color, not original in appearance, and in my opinion,
ugly. I bought one new during my TR6 restoration this year. Very soon I will
replace with one of the "Exotics" from "Prestige". Just my opinion. Also, I
believe the original dashes were a French Walnut not American,hence the
difference in appearance.
Phil Smith
TR6