Still shimmies- I'm running outa ideas.

To: thom kuby <thomkuby@iwvisp.com>
Subject: Still shimmies- I'm running outa ideas.
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2000 17:00:12 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "[unknown]" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>, "[unknown]" <british-cars@autox.team.net>, "[unknown]" <ednelson@ridgenet.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by thom kuby
>Guys,
OK...since the last time we spoke, I've had the damn tires re-balanced,
wheels checked for runout etc. Two of the el-cheapo tires turned out to be
"hoppers".  The steel wheels themselves checked out fine.  The two hoppers
are now on the back.
<

Out of balance or out of round wheels on the back can still cause the
steering wheel to shimmy.  I had this problem on an MGB in my youth (OK,
mis-spent youth).  Bad wheels on the back can cause a vibration in the
chassis that finds its way to the steering wheel.  To eliminate bad wheels
as a cause you have to eliminate the bad wheels.

Dave