Re: compressor recommendations, anyone?

To: DRSkruffy@aol.com
Subject: Re: compressor recommendations, anyone?
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2000 19:40:17 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
DRSkruffy@aol.com wrote:
> I spent a lot of time on this last summer. When my Sanborn piece of crap
> threw a rod I thought I could just put a better pump on the tank. Simple huh?
> Well, I could have replaced it with something similar but everybody I asked
> said I could not put a 5hp Quincy pump on it because the motor wouldn't pull
> it the way it was supposed to.

  You can generally tune this through pulley size.

  My compressor comes in two models, the 110 and the 220V models.

  They are identical, except the motor is wired for 220V and
the pulley ratios are different. Because the motors can pull
harder, it works the pump faster and moves more air.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca