Value of O/D transmission?

To: "Triumphs List (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Value of O/D transmission?
From: Dean_Mericas <dmericas@limno.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 08:14:51 -0400 charset="iso-8859-1"
Yesterday, I met a fellow who says he has a TR4 O/D transmission sitting in
his garage, and is interested in selling it.  He admitted the condition was
unknown, as he got it with a parts car many years ago.

What's the consensus on the value of a box w/O/D, figuring I'll probably
need to go through it and replace whatever bits normally wear out on these
things?

BTW, thanks to the various listers who helped me out during my recent
repaint adventure.  The TR4 is back on the road and running well (if a bit
on the high-reving side).

Thanks.

Dean Mericas
1965 TR4 (CT 37089 L)