Latest TR book from Bill Piggott

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Latest TR book from Bill Piggott
From: Day.John@fin.gc.ca
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 13:09:01 -0400
Hello, Listers. Just a brief note to tell you all that I have received my
copy of Bill Piggott's latest book, "Triumph: The Sporting Cars". The book
is full of interesting b&w photographs from the range of Triumph production,
but concentrated in the TR series. A few interesting shots include one of a
mock-up of a TR3A with pop-up headlights. With the lights covered, the car
looks somewhat 'blind', but what is stranger is that the headlights
themselves were mounted as a pair in the centre of the car, with a single
compartment! The picture is dated Feb 1, 1957, and the full-width grille is
already in place, though a little shorter to allow for the headlights. A
rather strange-looking arrangement, and I for one am glad it didn't see
production! There are plenty of other good shots, particularly of the
assembly lines for the TR3A, TR4 and TR6. Now that I've looked at the
pictures, I'll have to actually READ the book. Cheers, JD