Now working TR6 speedo

To: "Robert Michalec" <rmichale@mail.nysif.com>
Subject: Now working TR6 speedo
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 21:27:38 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "Robert Michalec"
>I have a 75 TR6 and the speedo has limped to a halt.  My car has the
upper and lower cable with that service box thing in between.  Is there
a way to tell which unit is not working without replacing everything?

Thanks in advance!
<

Take the one from the transmission loose from box and roll the car a few
feet.  You should see the shaft turn.  If it doesn't get a new one.  If it
does reconnect it and disconnect the other one from the box and repeat.
The little thing in the box should also turn.  If it does replace the other
cable.

Dave